On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 17:10:31 +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 17:03:35 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> > . Separate compilation. One file changes, only one file gets
> > rebuilt
>
> This immediately has caught my eye as huge "no" in the
> description. We must ban C style separate compilation, there is
> simply no way to move forward otherwise. At the very least not
> endorse it in any way.

Why? Other than the -fversion=... stuff, what is really blocking this? I
personally find unity builds to not be worth it, but I don't see
anything blocking separate compilation for D if dependencies are set up
properly.

--Ben