On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 19:45:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 4/3/15 10:10 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 17:03:35 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
. Separate compilation. One file changes, only one file gets rebuilt

This immediately has caught my eye as huge "no" in the description. We must ban C style separate compilation, there is simply no way to move
forward otherwise. At the very least not endorse it in any way.

Agreed. D build style should be one invocation per package. -- Andrei

Just to clarify, reggae has:

1. Low-level building blocks that can be used for pretty much anything
2. High-level convenience rules

There's nothing about #1 that forces per-module compilation. It doesn't force anything, it's just data definition.

The current implementations of #2, namely dExe and the dub integration spit out build systems that compiler per module but that can be easily changed or even configured.

Even now it's perfectly possible to define a build system for a D project with per package compilation, it'll just take more typing.

Atila