On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 02:31:09 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
Hi!

Calypso just got a D translation of the first Qt5 Widgets tutorial building and running:

https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso/blob/master/tests/calypso/qt5/qt5demo.d

Result: http://homo-nebulus.fr/dlang/oh%20my.webm

Compilation log: https://paste.kde.org/pewbbsw45

Previously Calypso was merely able to work with STL types, this is the first time a large C++ library is successfully mapped and used by D code (Ogre3D is probably close as well, but after Kagamin's suggestion and for a change of scene I switched my focus from Ogre3D to Qt).

Wow! Game changing work here, IMO!

Question: You are using a modified version of LDC, but is that compiler required to consume link to a library created with that custom compiler? What I mean is: Can you use this modified version of LDC to create a library, and then use a generic D compiler to build an application that links to that library?

Mike