On 30/05/2015 6:45 p.m., Joakim wrote:
On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 05:08:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Why not DConf is carried out twice a year!? :)
E.g. in May and in November. It would be really great. Please think
about it!

Hmm, there may be a little disconnect here. Organizing conferences
costs money, which currently comes from Walter and my pocket. Whilst I
understand how it's awfully exciting to enjoy quality content from the
comfort of one's device, we need more attendees before more
conferences to make the checkbooks balance. Besides, there is no
substitute for being there, as I'm sure all of this year's DConf
participants may attest.

I've been thinking that D needs more globally-available talks like this
throughout the year.  One way to do it would be to schedule monthly
livestreams of a D developer in front of his webcam, like the Jai
programming language guy was doing.  I could help organize something
like this, but the problem isn't getting it up and running but having
people actually give talks.  I can't even get people to answer my emails
for email interviews about D (with the exception of Mihails, who's been
very prompt).

No doubt everybody is very busy and D is a hobby that's easily pushed
aside, but online talks could keep the conference momentum going
throughout the year.

In the past week or two, I've been considering doing a livestream for charity on livecoding.tv. Also thought about e.g. livestream conferences.

Very very different way to go about it. But I'm interested.