On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:46:11 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:37:20 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

It appears the horizontal split puts the latest thread at the bottom of the list instead of the top. I think that should be reversed.

I think not, as that would mean that threads are sorted in one direction, but posts within a thread are sorted in another.

That seems natural to me.

Consider the space bar's current functionality: it jumps to the next unread post. How would it work in this scheme? Would it go down within a thread and then jump up to the next thread? Or would it keep going down, going through older posts within a thread but newer threads?

An option to reverse sorting direction could be added I suppose, but... why do you say that your proposal seems natural? Is it implemented that way elsewhere?

The horizontal-split mode (and its sorting direction) is not new, BTW.