On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 01:42:20 UTC, Manu wrote:
Also, oauth?
There is no way I would register an account to make a post unless I
was *really* motivated.

What gave you the impression that you have to register an account in order to post? The front page now explicitly says that you don't need an account to post.

It may be that we have lost potential participants because they
clicked away from the page within seconds of realising there was no
oauth (I definitely would).

It's doable but just seems a little overkill to me. Every time I looked into implementing OAuth I was swamped by how overly complicated it was (or maybe I just never found a succint-enough description).