On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:49:48 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

Consider the space bar's current functionality: it jumps to the next unread post. How would it work in this scheme? Would it go down within a thread and then jump up to the next thread? Or would it keep going down, going through older posts within a thread but newer threads?

I think spacebar should just go down the list linearly however they are sorted.

An option to reverse sorting direction could be added I suppose, but... why do you say that your proposal seems natural? Is it implemented that way elsewhere?

The threaded view is implemented that way, only its split between two pages (page 1 lists threads latest first, page 2 sorts them hierarchically. That's natural to me.

The horizontal-split mode (and its sorting direction) is not new, BTW.

I know, but I prefer the other views given its current implementation (maybe others do too). But I would prefer the horizontal-split if it worked more like threaded.