On 5/06/2015 7:43 p.m., Basile Burg wrote:
Coedit, the small IDE for the DMD D compiler is about to become 'gold'.
There 's not much to say since it's been promoted here already 3 or 4

beta 2 & 3 had not been announced officialy, so don't forget to read the
previous change logs. This version is distributed, as previously, in a
simple archive but also with an installer. I encourage you to test it
and to report any problem.

version 1 'gold' should be released the 10 of June, exactly 1 year after
the first commit.

- Put background shading/box around highlighted {}. To make open/close be more prominent. - For pointers, have the type highlighted one level darker then the *. So e.g. type** would be [[[type]*]*] where [] indicate shading level when the last * is highlighted over. * Make source file close have a button. Its not obvious enough to use the keyboard shortcut. I accidentally closed the widget thinking I was going bye bye to the file.

* Message widget was very temperamental to the point of erroring out when resizing (as it took up the entire middle area). * When e.g. source code widget is external to main window it will open in the most minimalistic form if the main window gets minimized and reopened.
* __gshared, @nogc, @property not highlighted.

Atleast for me, without dub support I can't use it. Although if debugging support existed on Windows that would be a massive plus.

Oh and if compiler cannot be found, make it a LOT easier to configure it. As in I have compiler e.g. dmd here. Now use it.

One thing, perhaps for atleast Windows, support e.g. ldc out of the box. As a seperate no install package.