On 5/06/2015 10:34 p.m., extrawurst wrote:
On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 10:24:10 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 5/06/2015 7:43 p.m., Basile Burg wrote:
Coedit, the small IDE for the DMD D compiler is about to become 'gold'.
There 's not much to say since it's been promoted here already 3 or 4
times.

https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/releases/tag/1_rc1

beta 2 & 3 had not been announced officialy, so don't forget to read the
previous change logs. This version is distributed, as previously, in a
simple archive but also with an installer. I encourage you to test it
and to report any problem.

version 1 'gold' should be released the 10 of June, exactly 1 year after
the first commit.

Ideas:
- Put background shading/box around highlighted {}. To make open/close
be more prominent.
- For pointers, have the type highlighted one level darker then the *.
So e.g. type** would be [[[type]*]*] where [] indicate shading level
when the last * is highlighted over.
* Make source file close have a button. Its not obvious enough to use
the keyboard shortcut. I accidentally closed the widget thinking I was
going bye bye to the file.

Bugs:
* Message widget was very temperamental to the point of erroring out
when resizing (as it took up the entire middle area).
* When e.g. source code widget is external to main window it will open
in the most minimalistic form if the main window gets minimized and
reopened.
* __gshared, @nogc, @property not highlighted.

Atleast for me, without dub support I can't use it. Although if
debugging support existed on Windows that would be a massive plus.

https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/issues/10

I was just reiterating that point.

Oh and if compiler cannot be found, make it a LOT easier to configure
it. As in I have compiler e.g. dmd here. Now use it.

One thing, perhaps for atleast Windows, support e.g. ldc out of the
box. As a seperate no install package.