On 2015-07-14 00:11, Andrew Edwards wrote:

I did notice that I can no longer create folders or links in the
/usr/bin || /usr/lib || /usr/share directory or any subs there.
I can however do so in /usr/local/* which is where I've installed
the contents of dmd.2.068.0-b1. All seems to work fine.

It appears this is part of Apple's new security policies. The root user cannot change system directories/files. /System, /bin, /usr/ and /sbin are all part of what's now considered system directories. /usr/local is available to developers [1]. I guess we can just create the symlinks in /usr/local/bin instead. It's already included in the default PATH, if I recall correctly.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=706

--
/Jacob Carlborg