On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 15:41:39 UTC, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
Maybe the state should reflect this progress better, because these 3000 open and unassigned bug give a much worse impression of the state of D than the language really is in. People get easy turned away from D by that look, which I think would be easy to avoid.

Yeah, we don't really make use of the ASSIGNED status. Maybe we should.

I assigned the issues for which I have open pull requests to myself. But that's only 3 issues. I don't know how to get the heavy hitters to be more attentive in that regard.

I guess whenever one makes a pull request to fix an issue, the issue can be considered to be assigned to them. You could go through everything and assign issues to PR makers, but that'd be quite some legwork.