Well, Andrei, I expected this. - This is the best, and the most natural way forward. I am 100% The D Foundation is the best direction for D and only good will come from that. You and Facebook can still cooperate in many ways, and perhaps Facebook could become one of the important sponsors, or even foundation members, or just simply foundation partners. Possibilities are endless.

DDev Ltd. (my company) will support the D foundation. The "D" in its name is not just because my name starts with it, but also indicates close relation to the D programming language.

Anyway, I am really happy to see this, and I hope soon we will see a more serious approach to D development similar to Java's JSRs.

Kind regards, and all the best!