On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 07:49:14 UTC, Muahmmad Adel wrote:
As far as I know, your title at Facebook was "D evangelist". When I knew that you moved to Facebook with this title, at first I thought that Facebook was willing to push D forward, with the company's resources and its previous contributions to technology, I thought this would be a similar but a more larger step.

I jokingly self-appointed myself with that title for a short while; Facebook is flexible enough to allow such. My official title there has always been Research Scientist and I've worked on a great deal of varied projects.

So now I am curious to know details about how you see your work at Facebook conflicting with the way you want to push D forward. For example, Is the company only willing to support D to a limited level? Doesn't the language fulfil the company's technical needs? Do you have conflicting visions towards how things should proceed?

I know this is a question that you cannot give a totally politically correct answer to, but some details would be informative about your vision and / or the company.

There's not much to tell. Facebook is and continues to be a D user, the last project I was working on (and is ongoing) uses D, and there's more use in smaller internal projects. But there is no stronger involvement for the time being.

Andrei