On Friday, 16 October 2015 at 12:53:09 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
No, you cannot link against GPL library without making your code also GPL. "Services" I don't think have anything to do with this, we are talking about binary linking.

Yes, you can. GPL is a copyright license which says that if you legally obtain a copy of an executable then you also have the right to the source code and the right to make copies. If you don't hand out an executable then there are no obligations at all, for obvious reasons.

GPL, on the other hand, gives the same right to users of a service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License

  • Re: Fastest JSON parser in... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce