On 10/28/2015 11:46 AM, cym13 wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 08:01:29 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Although the book will always be free[1], many of you have expressed a
need to pay without having to buy the paper version.

It's a bit late now but I like what Cory Doctorow (a writter who
publishes mainly books under Creative Common license) does: the epub/pdf
version is free but if you want to participate without buying the paper
version you can buy a book that will be given to a library (of your
choice if you express one) instead. This allows participation as well as
diffusion.

As this is not a book of fiction it may be suited to fewer libraries but
I still think this is a concept worth sharing.

Interesting. That is almost the same as what I said to someone who wanted to contribute but did not want the paper book. I said "buy the paper book and give it to someone you know." :)

Ali