On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 03:04:49 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 18/11/15 12:35 PM, Wild wrote:
Hey!

I have recently started working on a 64bit kernel written in only D (and
a little bit of assembly where it is really needed).
I finally got it to boot today in 64bit mode. All it currently do is
just print some text and numbers to the screen.

It uses Adam D. Ruppes minimal D runtime, with some small modifications.

I have a precompiled ISO here, if anyone wants to try it:
https://github.com/Vild/PowerNex/releases/tag/v0.0.0-ALPHA

The project is fully opensource and located at
https://github.com/Vild/PowerNex
I livestream the development of this almost everyday at
https://livecoding.tv/Wild/

Hopefully someone will find this interesting.
All feedback is appreciated.

//Dan

So whats the plan?
- 32bit support
- ARM support

What else?

Well, from the README I'd say the goal is a complete x86-64 OS

The goal is to have a whole OS written in D, where PowerNex powers the core.

This project looks great and it's not easy writing a x86-64 bootloader even with GRUB and a reference to work from, Nice work!

bye,
lobo