On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 18:56:07 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 00:17:23 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
 [...]

I still have to disagree with you that the example I submitted was fair. Accessing global memory in D is going to be much slower than accessing stack memory, and sense most std.ndslice calculations are going to be on the stack, I believe my benchmark is indicative of normal use.

No, for real world math calculations, most std.ndslice will be at global memory. Examples: all SciD (if port it to ndslice), future BLAS, future LAPACK.
-- Ilya