On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:48:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:33:32 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
1) The prospect of getting something into the standard library is a huge motivator for (at least some) potential contributors.

I am not sure if that is the right motivation. Sounds like recipe for bloat. Good libraries evolve from being used in real applications. Many applications.

sayeth a low-level guy (if I understand correctly), which will certainly create a distinct perspective about what you would like to see in the standard library, and yet this may not be the right thing for the language as a whole.

fwiw, people that do use D on a serious scale have remarked that the richness of the standard library (even as it stands today) was a major advantage - in bioinformatics, at a London hedge fund, and I think AdRoll.