On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 12:46:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 08:57:44 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
Ouch yes, seen that before. I just would prefer the base library to be exactly that a base.

I agree. Imagine if all the effort put into Phobos' extras was put into the compiler and tooling...

It's not like you could just reallocate all the effort that goes into Phobos towards the compiler and stuff.

Especially with the compiler itself, most people are unqualified or uninterested in working on it. If it were suddenly announced that Phobos was "finished", I guarantee a lot of volunteers would just walk away (likely including myself).