On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 06:17:44 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 22:48:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

I am not sure if that is the right motivation. Sounds like recipe for bloat. Good libraries evolve from being used in real applications. Many applications.

sayeth a low-level guy (if I understand correctly), which will certainly create a distinct perspective about what you would like to see in the standard library, and yet this may not be the right thing for the language as a whole.

I am both low-level and high level, but D's primary advantage is that it allows low level programming.

fwiw, people that do use D on a serious scale have remarked that the richness of the standard library (even as it stands today) was a major advantage - in bioinformatics, at a London hedge fund, and I think AdRoll.

Do you consider Angular to be low level? It was used in 100s if not 1000s of applications, but was considered inadequate and scrapped in favour of Angular2. This is the typical pattern for libraries and frameworks.