On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 02:36:55 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 00:28:26 UTC, Twenty Two wrote:
Parkinson's Law: work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

[...]

I agree.  Some of the core team uses trello for this:

https://trello.com/b/XoFjxiqG/active

However, that's not really meant for noobs and a lot of the core team, including Walter, doesn't really use it.

Judging by the activity log, it's mostly just Martin... poor dawg.

Putting something together people will actually use is pretty hard, almost as hard as keeping the momentum to get people to keep using whatever you've put in place. Trello's not a bad tool but it's useless if there's no traction and no one's being reminded to use it. It's hard to attract contributors if you don't spell out who/what/when/where/how and funnel them all to the one place.

Maybe the core team could discuss among themselves what kind of workflow they think would really bring out their potential productivity and attract more hands to lighten the load. It seems unfair that some people get lumped with doing big jobs purely because there isn't really a good way to ask someone else to do pieces of it for them.

I'm certain there are lots more people who would get involved if only there was a lower barrier to entry. Something not over complicated and visible would really move things along, I think.