On Friday, 29 January 2016 at 16:07:48 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
When you do `import std.string;` you expect it to just work, and you find std.string's docs easily from dmd.

I'd love it if you could do `import thirdparty.independent;` and it magically works too - without even need for a configuration file or an install command. And the docs are right there and tutorials are written however the author feels like writing them.

OMG I would love this.
Often I write short scripts and use rdmd for rapid prototyping.

Having to dub initialize and pull in libraries is a pain for this. Python got it right with their package manager(s)