On 2016-01-26 13:38, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Thanks for answering. I want to be convinced, and even if not, to gather
a more precise view.

The rhetoric is appreciated. What would be helpful here in addition to
it are a few links to evidence. You make lofty claims either of status
quo in different languages, or major shifts in strategy. They definitely
must have left a trail on the Internet. Any chance you'd substantiate
these specific claims below with evidence?

I don't really have an opinion but I found this [1] for Ruby.

[1] https://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/StdlibGem

--
/Jacob Carlborg