On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 05:02:07 UTC, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
Ddb is a relational database client for D [1]. Currently it only supports PostgreSQL but is not limited to it. It could be extended to support other backends.

Built-in postgres client is a native implementation, that is it does not depend on libpq. Instead it communicates directly with the server avoiding text serialization and parsing overhead (PostgreSQL protocol is stable and well documented).

I don't use it and I don't work on it anymore. Simply because I'm busy with other things and that things don't involve any RDBMS support.

It has some user base, few contributors and 22 forks on github. Unfortunately, I could not handle pull requests and issues in a reasonable time and that's why I'm posting this here. I hope someone could take over this project and improve it.

If you are interested, please either respond here or email me.

[1] https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb

Hey. I'm interested. I'm a web developer and PostgreSQL is my database of choice. I also like the idea of a native implementation. The only problem is that I'm currently a beginner in D programming (but not a beginner in PostgreSQL). But since I'll need some kind of D <-> PostgreSQL bindings for my new project, I would be glad if I could help.