On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 21:10:45 UTC, Dave wrote:
On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 17:03:57 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
[...]

D is a fantastic efficient and fast replacement of Python which even has great plotting and other analysis features as ggplotd! To gain traction in numerical and statistical computing it is important to provide great optimization, automatic differential (AD) (reversed-mode AD (e.g. in mc-stan.org for Bayesian stuff) and/or forward-mode as e.g. for R at GSOC-2010 - there is no reason for numerical diff these days anymore, and you may mess-up your stuff using it!), and Bayesian routines. D is laking on these basic features (my personal opinion - correct me if I am wrong).

[...]

Well, you can always try updating the ideas page anyways. Today was the application deadline, but I don't think there is anything they can do to stop us from updating a page on our Wiki. Just make sure to add yourself to the mentor's page.