On Thursday, 10 March 2016 at 00:29:46 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
It's a pretty straight forward standard iterator design and quite different from the table pointers C++ uses.

I explain my grievances in the article.

They didn't make all that much sense to me, so I wondered what Theo's issues were. As in: real issues that have empirical significance.

D ranges and Python's are regular iterators, nothing special. The oddball are C++ "iterators" that are pairs of pointers.

Efficiency and semantic issues when it comes to iterator-implementation go both ways all depending on the application area. This is nothing new. People have known this for ages, as in decades.

If you want fast you have to use a "next" iterator-implementation writing multiple elements directly to the buffer. This is what you do in signal processing.