http://jackstouffer.com/blog/d_auto_decoding_and_you.html

Based on the recent thread in General, I wrote this blog post that's designed to be part beginner tutorial, part objective record of the debate over it, and finally my opinions on the matter.

When I first learned about auto-decoding, I was kinda miffed that there wasn't anything in the docs or on the website that went into more detail. So I wrote this in order to introduce people who are getting into D to the concept, it's benefits, and downsides. When people are confused in Learn why typeof(s.front) == dchar then this can just be linked to them.

If you think there should be any more information included in the article, please let me know so I can add it.