On Monday, 30 May 2016 at 19:16:50 UTC, Jason White wrote:
I am pleased to finally announce the build system I've been slowly working on for over a year in my spare time:

In fact, there is some experimental support for automatic conversion of Makefiles to Button's build description format using a fork of GNU Make itself: https://github.com/jasonwhite/button-make

I'm going to take a look at that!

- I am aware of Reggae, another build system written in D. Although, I admit I haven't looked at it very closely. I am curious how it compares.

Since I wrote reggae, let me compare ;)

- Correct incremental builds.

- Automatic dependency detection (for any build task, even shell scripts).

Yes for C/C++/D, no for random tasks in general, but yes if you use the tup backend.

- Build graph visualization using GraphViz.

Use the ninja backend, get it for free.

- Language-independent. It can build anything.

So can reggae, but the built-in high-level rules only do C/C++/D right now.

- Can automatically build when an input file is modified (using inotify).

Nope, I never found that interesting. Possibly because I keep saving after every edit in OCD style and I really don't want things running automatically.

- Recursive: It can build the build description as part of the build.

I'm not sure what that means. reggae copies CMake here and runs itself when the build description changes, if that's what you mean.

- Lua is the primary build description language.

In reggae you can pick from D, Python, Ruby, Javascript and Lua.