On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 02:04:25 UTC, Zekereth wrote:
On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 23:03:52 UTC, ikod wrote:
Hello,

Dlang-requests is library created under influence of Python-requests, with primary goal of easy to use and performance.

I have a couple of questions. If a url can't be found and I catch the ConnectError exception and handle it[2] I still get an additional error[1] printed. For example:

                try
                {
                        getContent(url);
                }
                catch(ConnectError ex)
                {
                        debug writeln("Error getting page: ", ex.msg);
                }

Will error with this:

[1]2016-06-21T20:59:15.073:streams.d:connect:750 Failed to connect: can't resolve www.systemcontrolpanel.com - getaddrinfo error: Name or service not known

[2]Error getting page: Can't connect to www.systemcontrolpanel.com:80: getaddrinfo error: Name or service not known

The additional error[1] will still print in release build. The only workaround I could find was to check getAddress myself and ensure that the page exists before calling getContent.

Thanks!

Hello,

It makes no sense to log error message and throw exception in next line, so I'll remove this error messages from the code.

Thanks for report(but better place it on the github project page so that I can link code changes with bug reports)!