On Thursday, 7 July 2016 at 19:56:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H2 -- Andrei

Please provide feedback. We'll make a couple more passes before this is complete. Thanks! -- Andrei

I agree that you should explain how it is planned to achieve "Raising participation". Here's an idea:

Create an outreach/PR team, with the following tasks

a) "Recruitment"
---------------

- Issue official press releases from the D foundation for major milestones and releases
- Improve the newcomer experience (aka your first five minutes)
- Find ways to inspire developers to get more in touch and inspire their community - Find sponsors/members organizations for the D foundation once it's official - Help and encourage others to create online course & learning material about D - Reach out to interested universities and assist them in their leading role

See also: http://dlang.org/areas-of-d-usage.html#teaching

b) Brand awareness

- consider to use the new design from the DConf16
- provide (or better: sell) small branding items (stickers, posters, T-shirts, ...) - make the #DlangMan culture more mainstream (atm it's mostly Japanese)

Another main point that I couldn't see at the moment is:

User experience

- better error messages & diagnostics (e.g. DIP83)
- afaik macOS still doesn't show line numbers
- create a Dlang survey (like the Rust survey) for feedback (e.g. with PR group from above)