On Thursday, 10 November 2016 at 13:58:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
This is not possible. Old behavior DID detect some cycles. The new algorithm detects ALL cycles, and handles them all in the same way. What you are asking is for cycles detected by old algorithm to fail, but ones that wouldn't have been detected to pass. Not to mention that the order of ctor execution is not guaranteed to be the same (i.e. some latent bug may be hiding there).

Only possibility is just to ignore ALL cycles, and print them if any are detected.

I presume I have to look for commits that implement
http://dlang.org/changelog/2.072.0.html#drt-oncycle to fixup this?

The PR for this was here: https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1668

Thanks! I'll have to check the code first :)