On Monday, 12 December 2016 at 21:58:23 UTC, Relja Ljubobratovic
We have just published another post on "Writing efficient
numerical code in D", to Mir's Blog.
- You can make the numbers in the table more readable by adding
For example, 1624687 --> 1,624,687. Probably even better is to
only show the most significant digits. 1624687 us --> 1.625 s for
- Add a sentence about the benchmarking set up. " The numbers
shown are the best times of 10 trials, with LDC commandline
options `ldc2 -O3 -release`" Something like that. Or add it to
the configuration table.
- For the "convolution" example, could you elaborate on why the
Mir-based implementation is so much faster than the C-like
implementation? From the big table, I see that the speedup for
DCV's convolution algorithms is not as large as 10x.
- The "threshold" algorithm has a 19x speed up?! (I would remove
"threshold" from the average improvement calculation. The numbers
are already awesome, no need to oversell it!)
- Overall, does this mean that DCV became more than twice as
fast? How does it stack up to other vision libs after this
massive speed boost?