On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 20:33:04 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
You could also rip out the logic and the system calls and so forth and hook them up (laboriously) to a TextView with appropriate styling. Which is probably nontrivial on both sides.

I'm not sure a textview would be viable, it might work for the command prompt but I doubt it would handle ncurses type applications like vi or nano very well. I also suspect the performance wouldn't be very good when dealing with a lot of output like cat'ing a large file.