On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 04:08:00 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 21:11:47 UTC, Getald wrote:
I'm not sure a textview would be viable, it might work for the command prompt but I doubt it would handle ncurses type applications like vi or nano very well.

I don't know GTK at all, but my terminal thing's frontend just needs keyboard and mouse input events and a canvas to draw onto (including text string drawing functions).

So I'm guessing the TextView is actually overfeatured for what I'd want.

Yep, that would be my expectation. I suspect you would just inherit from GtkWidget and go from there.