On Sunday, 12 February 2017 at 07:06:00 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 12:16:06 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
[...]

[...]

Hi Stephan.

I think at the time C# was not possible, and not sure if java was. I don't know those languages so well, but if someone would like to try and see if it makes a difference, I would be happy to grant them rights to co-maintain the repo and add those as options.

If I recall right, there shouldn't be a performance difference - just a question of latency to start. Will Java or C# be better in those respects given time needed to start the VM?

Laeeth.

That is exactly what I want to find out. After all lambda is pay as you use (memory/cpu) and if either vm (jvm, .net or node) starts up faster or with a smaller footprint it pays off.

Ceers,
Stephan