On Monday, 13 February 2017 at 15:00:24 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Monday, 13 February 2017 at 14:28:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Daniel Nielsen put together a post describing the import idiom that came to light in a recent forum discussion regarding DIP 1005 [3]. The relevant links are at [1] and [2].

[1] https://dlang.org/blog/2017/02/13/a-new-import-idiom/
[2] https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/5tt33y/a_new_import_idiom_for_d/ [3] https://forum.dlang.org/thread/tzqzmqhankrkbrfsr...@forum.dlang.org?page=1

A great post.

With the Jack Stouffer comparison, wouldn't it be fairer to do:

import std.datetime : Systime;
import std.traits : isIntegral;

Probably, please help measuring your idea and post it here. I intentionally chose a test made by someone else to avoid biasing from my part. It was the only test I found at time of writing.