On Sunday, 19 February 2017 at 23:16:20 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 01/15/2017 12:40 PM, Andre Pany wrote:
Hi,

on Dockerhub I published a repository which makes it really easy to
develop Android
applications using LDC and Joakims work. The repository contains Android
1.1.0 beta from
https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases and also the NDK from
google.

I haven't actually had a chance to try either this or Joakims's stuff by itself, although I am interested. Can you describe how this repo simplifies things?

Also, using this stuff, is there a way for the D application to call into Android's API?

I created a docker repo which contains Joakims's work (LDC+modifications).
You do not have to install LDC or Android NDK on your host system.
It is a fail safe, operation system independent solution.

You only have docker installed on your host system (windows/linux/mac) and enter the command from my first post. This will open a shell which is like a virtual system. LDC and Android NDK is available in this shell,
ready to run.

Kind regards
André