On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 14:12:30 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 at 19:14:14 UTC, Seb wrote:

Okay I just couldn't let this sit on myself. So I went ahead and proposed a more "sophisticated" assert -> writeln rewrite tool that is based on Hackerpilot's excellent libdparse:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1582

So is everything working as advertised?

Yes, thanks to a lot of support from CyberShadow [1] and Hackerpilot's immediate review of my libdparse fixes [2, 3], the new assert -> writeln logic is now live, e.g.

Ddox: https://dlang.org/library-prerelease/std/algorithm/comparison/among.html Ddoc: https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm_searching.html#.minElement

It's based on a AST transformation of the AssertExpressions. For more details one can have a look at [4].

Is it redditable?

Yes, finally :)

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1582
[2] https://github.com/Hackerpilot/libdparse/pull/128