On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 16:49:13 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
See e.g. https://dlang.org/library-prerelease/std/algorithm/comparison/among.html from above. This leaves quite the bad impression, as it makes the page look like an unstructured mess at first glance.

What's up with the bullet point list at the top of the page? I'd understand it if they were links to the specific overloads, but just being text it seems silly to have it there.

Even repeating the ditto wouldn't bother me if it was linked or something...

And ddoc fails to display that sanely too, it shows the outer template, but not the inner function you'd actually use. Thankfully, the examples cover it, but IMO neither ddoc nor ddox actually do a good job on this.

BTW, this is how my doc site renders that:
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.algorithm.comparison.among.1.html

I also do a list of overloads, but present them as an accordian-style list of links with an argument summary so you can see at a glance what one might be which. (I'm not 100% in love with my doc here either, but I do like it better than either option on dlang.org. Y'all should start stealing my ideas.)
    • Re: New (page-p... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: New (pa... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: New... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: New (page-p... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: New (page-p... Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: New (page-per-ar... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce