On Thursday, 11 May 2017 at 11:47:10 UTC, Piotr Mitana wrote:
Hello, I have tried those snaps recently on Ubuntu 16.10. There were -fPIC related errors (if you need the output, I can install the snap again and post it tomarrow).

Ouch! Thanks for reporting this: it sounds like something similar to what Attila was reporting for his attempts at building on Arch.

I'll look into it and see if I can fix packaging side (it's probably possible by tweaking CFLAGS), before submitting fixes upstream if it's something that can reasonably be addressed there.