On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 at 08:20:54 UTC, Piotr Mitana wrote:
Hi, I got yet another error - this time Ubuntu 16.04 and rdmd.

Failed to flush stdout: Permission denied
Failed: ["dmd", "-v", "-o-", "main.d", "-I."]

It seems like (despite classic confinement) apps ran by rdmd cannot print things on the screen...

Yes, this is a known issue :-( It's related to how AppArmor is used by snapd, rather than anything in the package. See discussion here:
https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/failed-to-flush-stdout-permission-denied/485

You can use a workaround, which is to explicitly point `rdmd` to the actual compiler binary rather than relying on $PATH:

     rdmd --compiler=/snap/dmd/current/bin/dmd

or, instead of `rdmd --compiler=ldmd2`, try:

     rdmd --compiler=/snap/ldc2/current/bin/ldmd2

etc.