On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 09:39:53 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 29/05/2017 10:33 AM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that the dcompute modifications to LDC are now in the master branch of LDC. The dcompute extensions require LLVM 3.9.1 or greater for NVPTX/CUDA and my fork[1] of LLVM for SPIRV.

Someone (sorry I've forgotten who!) at dconf said they'd make a docker image of the dependencies (ldc llvm), if you're reading please let me know! Or if someone else wants to do it thats good too.

I'm still quite busy until July (honours thesis), but if anyone wanting to contribute to either the runtime stuff [2](all D), LDC [3] or LLVM [1](mostly C++) I'm happy to answer any questions, providing testing and performance feedback on diverse systems is also appreciated. Feel free to drop a line at https://gitter.im/libmir/public

[1]: https://github.com/thewilsonator/llvm/tree/compute
[2]: https://github.com/libmir/dcompute
[3]: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc

Can someone please write up a post e.g. for the D blog to act as the official announcement (with a quick tutorial)? That way we can announce it to the wider programming community.

I promised Mike a blog post at dconf, but I'd prefer this to be done after I hand in my thesis, so that I can:
a) concentrate on it and
b) keep the ball rolling after it is announced.

I will be working for Laeeth next semester with some time reserved for dcompute and much more time available as I'll only be doing one (or possibly two units, with a lot of time waiting for tanks to reach steady state). Plus I think if people start to get familiar with the project then the efforts will be much more coordinated once the announcement is made and therefore by perception more attractive to potential users not already familiar with D.