On Monday, 29 May 2017 at 23:08:55 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Makes sense and others had suggested that as well. One complication would be different cover design for each book. (Even if not the general concept, the book cover image is for that specific number of pages (with some leeway)).

I remember some old C++ books from the past, where the cover was identical beyond the basic book was red, advanced blue. And the words basic / advanced.

There was no option of color printing when I considered printers (or perhaps it was too expensive to even consider; I don't remember). However, if you can live with the pdf version of the book, the code samples are in color:

  http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/Programming_in_D.pdf

It's the same content and format as the printed book, except it is generated from a different CSS file.

Thanks. The Pdf works great on my tablet. Only have some issue with the epub ( only see page one and two ) but that can be my software.