On Thursday, 21 December 2017 at 13:59:28 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
A couple of months ago, Andrei noted that a donor asked for a precise decimal type for D specifically: https://forum.dlang.org/post/osnema$d5s$1...@digitalmars.com. I've also heard this asked for many times, so I decided to start work on a library for eventual proposal to Phobos.

I just finished getting the type into an alpha version, and I wanted to solicit people's opinions on the API and if I'm heading in the right direction with this.

The dub page: https://code.dlang.org/packages/stdxdecimal

The docs: https://jackstouffer.github.io/stdxdecimal/

What you can do so far:

* Control behavior with a Hook type a-la std.experimental.checkedint
* Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
* Construction from a strings and built-in number types

For the full list of planned features, see: https://github.com/JackStouffer/stdxdecimal

Please let me know what you think!

That are fantastic news. Thanks for working on this topic.
Is it possible to define a decimal type with a defined scale and precision? From the examples and the documentation I am not sure whether it is possible.

Kind regards
Andre