On Friday, 22 December 2017 at 08:32:03 UTC, Nathan S. wrote:
I think it would be clearer if the precision, the rounding mode, and the error behavior were three separate parameters instead of a single Hook. Predefined settings named "Abort", "Throw", and "NoOp" would then be self-explanatory, and it wouldn't be necessary to entirely rewrite them if you wanted precision of 10 or 20 decimal digits instead of 9 or wanted to use a different rounding mode.

I agree. I worked with languages which have decimal type built into the language
  (DATA price TYPE p LENGTH 16 DECIMALS 2)
and having the possibility to set precision and scale directly without have to think about rounding options would be great.

Kind regards
Andre