On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 20:30:54 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Other languages like Rust or C# (or Java) have bounds check. Plus we probably lose it in release mode, which is the mode where lurking bugs are discovered usually days after development ;) Some of these languages would prevent it on the VM level/compiler level, leaving no way to shoot yourself in the foot.

We all really need to get away from this idea that *we* should stop *others* from shooting themselves in the foot. People are free to do it, if they want. Who has the right to take that choice away from me?

So let's NOT be like those other languages that just want to control what you do.

-boundscheck=off

D rocks!