On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 04:30:38 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
On Sunday, 11 February 2018 at 15:18:20 UTC, Cym13 wrote:

On the other hand, if my bank shoots itself in the foot it's with my money... We must definitely have ways to do it but it must be explicit and restricted to where it's useful. There is no need for -boundscheck=off in D. It is always possible to disable boundschecking locally, and that's a good thing.

When was the last time a bank lost customers money due not checking bounds?

It's far, far more likely you'll lose your money due to their dodgy lending practices (as many have already experienced).

As someone who's job is to audit banking and governmental systems for security vulnerabilities, I can assure you it's a real issue. Not the most common one, okay, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.