On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 20:30:54 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 13:29:04 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
While an enjoable read, I fear we are aiming too low.

Other languages like Rust or C# (or Java) have bounds check.

Maybe I was missing the point, but isnt the objective or the feature of the betterC mode, is to integrate C code, in a D program seamlessly by allowing to import C headers into a D program

And then from that point forward, use D features that improve on what C offers

..

Again maybe I completely misunderstood the betterC mode
but I thought that, that was it .. which justify the feature being called betterC, since this mode specifically target C

And if it was, this is not really about how advanced a language feature are

It is more how you can improve a C code based, by incrementally integrating D without loosing performance, or control