On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 19:47:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2018-02-12 17:49, Chris wrote:

How could it possibly make the situation any worse than it is now? Atm, nobody will ever use std.xml, because it is sub-standard and has no future.

I'm using std.xml in a new project right now. It's a really small private project that just need to extracts some data from an XML document. I started it a couple of days before dxml was announced.

A few lines of code that could be replaced easily once something better is available? But who will start an important commercial project with std.xml when it says in red letters:

"Warning: This module is considered out-dated and not up to Phobos' current standards. It will remain until we have a suitable replacement, but be aware that it will not remain long term."

I for my part wouldn't and I'm glad there's dxml now.