On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 14:42:11 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 at 10:02:13 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
Awesome work. IDEs could use this, i don't know how yet but i'll maybe try something one day.

Yeah, webfreak was talking to me about that on irc and I've had people ask me about the main dpldocs site being an api (to which I reply "it is already a REST api returning a XML representation.... called a static html page". which i think is good - this html is a bit verbose bu that's because i wrote it with a lot of semantic information included in the tags, it can be machine parsed and analyzed. need a lib for it? use my dom.d :P )

But anyway, once I see someone with a prototype and we can identify specific needs through use, then I'm open to adding more stuff to help that effort.

I think that nothing more is needed.

The idea is to use DCD to get the d source where a symbol is declared, from this file it's possible to guess the html page for this symbol. Actually i already do this for phobos (using the official html) and it works fine.

At first glance i can say that this will work perfectly for DUB packages. Once DCD gives a file, the IDE just have to look the parent folders to get the SemVer tag. If the file is in a git repository things might be more complicated.

While with ardrox it's <module>.<symbol>.html.